Thursday, May 5, 2011

From Dust to Dust we Thrive

The art community has apparently awaiting some grand day that may be approaching soon for them, the discovery of the famous Mona Lisa's body.
In the article mentioned, I find my self of an odd feeling. Granted, this was found in the "Odd News," I still wonder where is line drawn between oddity and disturbance?
I, too, am one who is keen on the arts, but I a stand first for it's celebration in life and preservation thereafter. There was beauty in the mind of da Vinci while he was here painting the strokes of her inquiring smile, yet, she too was living beauty that painted this land with every stroke of her feet.
To celebrate is a living noun that means to know and to be made known. I believe that parallels with living. We not only live, but thrive; we make life known.
I also believe that art plays a key role in this thriving, because I see it as a gift from the Father. Jesus said, "This is the day that I have made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."
The Father made the day, therefore the work is done. All that is required of us is to rejoice and take delight in the day He has set before us- before our time.
For ages, back to the Bible, art and skillfulness with your hands has been a way of life and making a living.
I believe, that we can still use these gifts He has given us to live in abundance of Life that points to its Author.
We do not have to dig in the grave to restore what is old. Everyday is new.
I think that the painting of Mona Lisa an her intriguing smile was enough. We do not need to dig her dead bones out of a grave to bring assurance to a community of avidness.
She was here. She lived. I hope she thrived.
But she also died and is now in her afterlife.
Now, it is our time to create and celebrate life.
If they find her, they may also find an inscription upon her common to many others in her state-
rest in peace.
I pray that she is living now a life of rest.
Let the dead bones live their life in this earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment